I did it! I uploaded a small set of my original Photoshop brushes to Deviant Art to share with the world. If you use them, please credit me and link to the DA page. Thank you very much!
Since 95% of my work starts out as a pencil sketch, I wanted brushes that I could use to clean up smudges, get rid of structure lines, and add details, without losing the organic, textured quality of the original.
Details and recommendations:
1. Pencil line (shown here with flow set to 60%) - my magnum opus thus far. I use this to clean up my sketches, and the size is perfect for images scanned at 400dpi. (at least if you sharpen your pencil every 10 seconds to draw tiny fussy lines like I do.)
2. Spongy brush (shown here with flow set to 60%) - a variation of #1, but softer and rougher. I use it for rough coloring and shading.
3. Cloud brush (shown here with flow set to 60%) - what the title says. I also like to use it as an eraser when I’m painting with harder brushes so the textures get mixed up and don’t get too monotonous.
4. Scritchy line (shown here with flow set to 100%) - a harder line for details or more cartoony lineart. I also like to decrease the flow and/or opacity and use it for shading sometimes, for a cross-hatched or scribbly sort of look.
5. Texture… thing? (shown here with flow set to 100%) - I mostly use this for backgrounds. I’m still figuring out how to unlock its full potential.
6. Smooooth cloudy brush (shown here with flow set to 100%) A much smoother painting brush that still has just enough grit in it to make it interesting.
Enjoy, and please take good care of my babies! 0u0